The Property Case Competition gives students the experience of consulting for a property development firm or company on the best use and highest return for a property. Students will be given 48 hours to create a proposal on how to develop the property to a panel of judges.
At the commencement of the competition, teams will receive an electronic copy of the case document via email. Teams will create a written submission, and PowerPoint presentation, within 48 hours based on the information provided in the case and their own additional research.
The four teams selected for the final round will be required to present their findings to a panel of judges, consisting of representatives from the property industry. You have the opportunity to create solutions with impact. Members of the finalist teams will be considered for selection for the International Property Case Competition team for 2020 if they are not in their final year of study.
- Total prize pool: $5000
- First place: $2500
- Registration: Team of 4 or as Individuals
- Case Preparation: 48 hours
- Presentation Format:
- Written submissions (preliminary round)
- 10 minute presentation and 10 minute Q+A (final round)
- Required Submissions:
- Written report & PowerPoint presentation (due Sunday 21st July at 12pm)
- The written submission must be in size 11 Arial font, and contain a maximum of 1500 words.
- Should you make it to the final round, you will use the PowerPoint deck in your presentation to the judges.
Please note: all teams must include at least one team member currently enrolled as a Property student at the University of Auckland.
Undergraduate students will be eligible for selection to attend the University of Sydney Business School Real Estate Competition in September. High performing competitors at the finals will be selected for an interview. The following will be taken into account when selecting a team:
- Proficient at one of the following – PowerPoint and design, research, finance or valuation.
- Being strong at communicating and working well in a team.
- Forming a team with a mix of study levels and gender, with a preference for those studying Property.
- Creating a team that is dedicated in preparation for Sydney with clear winning ambitions.
Tutorial: 9-11am, Friday 19 July
Case Release: 11am, Friday 19 July
Submissions Due: 12pm, Sunday 21 July
Finalists Announced: Evening, Sunday 21 July
Final Presentations & Networking: 5pm, Monday 22 July
The tutorial for this competition will take place from 9-11am on Friday 19 July. It is not compulsory, but we advise that you send at least one of your team members along.
Please see the resources section of our website for tutorial slides, presentation slides and videos from representative teams.