The Property Case Competition gives students the experience of consulting for a property development firm or company on the best use and highest return for a property. Students will be given 48 hours to create a proposal and will pitch their ideas on how to develop the property to a panel of judges.
At the commencement of the competition, teams will receive an electronic copy of the case document via email. Teams will create a powerpoint presentation and written proposal within 48 hours based on the information provided in the case and their own additional research.
Each team will give a presentation on their proposal with four teams selected for the final round. The judging panel will consist of representatives from the property industry. You have the opportunity to create solutions with impact. Members of the finalist teams will be eligible for selection for the International Property Case Competition team for 2019 if they are not in their final year of study.
- First place: $3000
- Second place: $1200
- Third place: $800
- Registration: Team of 4 or as Individuals
- Case Preparation: 48 hours
- Presentation Format: 10 minute presentation and 10 minute Q+A
- Required Submissions: 1 Page Executive Summary + Powerpoint
Undergraduate students will be eligible for selection to attend the University of Sydney Business School Real Estate Competition in September. High performing competitors at the finals will be selected for an interview. The following will be taken into account when selecting a team:
- Proficient at one of the following – PowerPoint and design, research, finance or valuation.
- Being strong at communicating and working well in a team.
- Forming a team with a mix of study levels and gender, with a preference for those studying Property.
- Creating a team that is dedicated in preparation for Sydney with clear winning ambitions.
Case Release – 9am, Saturday 25 August
Submissions Due – 12pm, Monday 27 August
Preliminary Rounds – 1 – 5pm, Monday 27 August
Final Presentations, 4 – 8pm, Tuesday 28 August
There is no tutorial for this completion but advisory notes from the industry judges will be provided to all teams.
Please see the resources section of our website for tutorial slides, presentation slides and videos from representative teams.
Practice cases will be available for your team to view prior to the competition. We will email when these are available to be collected. All practice cases must be returned before you can compete and there is a maximum of one case on per team available for loan at any time.